This policy describes the steps taken by Coventry Connections Inc. (“Coventry”) to protect the personal information of its customers and users of its websites and mobile applications collected during the course of commercial activities.
Any changes to this policy shall be posted on the Coventry website for public review.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that you voluntarily provide when using our websites or mobile applications during commercial activities is protected by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
Depending on the nature of the commercial activity, Coventry generally collects your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and payment information.
On occasion, Coventry may receive personal information from third party agencies for the purpose of providing taxi services. In these instances, the personal information received by Coventry will be governed by this policy.
OTHER COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may also collect information such as browser and device information; information collected through cookies, demographic information; aggregate information; and any other information provided by you.
We will treat this information as personal information to the extent it is combined with personal information, or whenever we are otherwise required to do so by law. This information may be used and disclosed for any lawful purpose.
Methods of Collection & Uses
- Your browser or device: Browsers and devices often collect information automatically including your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and browser click- through and usage data.
- Mobile applications: We may track and collect usage data including the date and time the mobile application on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been accessed, viewed and/or downloaded to the app based on your device number or other identifiers.
- IP Address: Your internet service provider assigns your computer or device a number which is referred to as you Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Your IP address, and information about your visit to our websites or use of our mobile applications may be logged in our server log files when you use our websites or use our mobile applications. Your IP address may also be used to indicate your approximate location.Automatic collection of this information is standard practice for many websites and mobile applications. We use your IP address for purposes such as calculating usage levels and diagnosing server problems.
- Location: We may collect the physical location of your device through the use of satellite, cell phone towers or Wi-Fi signals, among other things. Location information is critical to providing you with personalized services. If you deny the use of such information, you may experience difficulty using our websites and mobile applications and we may not be able to provide you with a personalized user experience.USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Coventry generally uses collected personal information for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfill transactions including sending confirmation of your transaction and to process payments;
- To determine your location and notify you of taxis in your vicinity;
- To update you on the location and estimated arrival time of your taxi;
- To communicate with you about our products, services and promotions;
- To address problems with and improve our services;
- To allow you to use our services and technologies;
- To allow you to customize our services; and
- To develop and enhance our services and products.
LIMITING COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
Coventry does not share, rent, exchange or otherwise disclose personal information to outside third parties except where authorized or required by law.
SECURING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Coventry uses security measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. It uses measures that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including:
- Physical measures, such as locking filing cabinets, restricting access through the use of security passes and limiting access to personal information to a “need to know” basis
- Technological measures such as the use of passwords and encryption and firewalls; and
- Procedural measures such as shredding sensitive personal information.
Coventry Connections uses third party service providers to process and store data on its behalf, including cloud service providers. Some of these service providers may use servers which are based in the United States. As a result, your personal information may be stored on or transmitted across servers located in the United States while in the custody or control of Coventry Connections.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION & COMPLIANCE
To request a copy of your personal information held by Coventry or to notify us of inaccuracies and request corrections, please submit a written request to the Chief Privacy Officer at 455 Coventry Rd, Ottawa ON K1K 2C5, phone number 613-746-8740. You will be required to provide acceptable proof of identification prior to Coventry providing you with the requested information.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding the management of your personal information, or our compliance with PIPEDA we encourage you to contact the Chief Privacy Officer at 455 Coventry Rd, Ottawa ON K1K 2C5, phone number 613-746-8740. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, in can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca.